It is this time of the year again: The MEP Awards, organised by the Parliament Magazine, are in town and EU40 is a part of the party. We look forward to celebrating the great achievements of our young MEPs in 2016.
We are therefore proud to announce that 13 of our members have been nominated for the MEP Awards 2017 in 11 categories. Thereby building on last year’s success, when 8 EU40 MEPs won an award, we are delighted to see that our Members’ merits are again being recognised in so many important policy areas through this year’s nominations.
The EU40 MEPs who made it on the MEP Awards 2017 shortlist are:
– Dita Charanzova (ALDE) – The Digital Single Market Award;
– Virginie Roziere (S&D) – The Digital Single Market Award;
– Emilian Pavel (S&D) – The Employment and Social Affairs Award & The Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Award;
– Brando Benifei (S&D) – The Employment and Social Affairs Award;
– Miriam Dalli (S&D) – The Environment Award and The Public Health Award;
– Urmas Paet (ALDE) – The Foreign Affairs Award;
– Lara Comi (EPP) – The Internal Market and Consumer Protection Award;
– Judith Kirton-Darling (S&D) – The International Trade Award;
– Eva Maydell (Paunova) (EPP) – The New Technologies Award;
– Eva Kaili (S&D) – The New Technologies Award;
– Andrey Novakov (EPP) – The Regional Development Award;
– Claudia Tapardel (S&D) – The Transport Award;
– Barbara Matera (EPP) – The Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Award;
We can’t wait to lift our glass to their success on the 22nd of March!