As the European Commission prepares to update the rules for the European telecoms sector, EU40 brought together all potential players working on these vital reforms for a series of round table workshops powered by ETNO.
From broadband investment and spectrum policy to consumer services and innovation – these policies and reforms have the potential to transform Europe into a leading digital union.
MEPs Pilar del Castillo (EPP), Lambert van Nistelrooij (EPP), and Miapetra Kumpula-Natri (S&D) co-hosted the first Digital4Smarties workshop during which potential rapporteurs and shadows discussed the content of the package, what is relevant, what tools are needed, what the impact in the media will be and more.
Exclusive guests included:
- Members of the European Parliament;
- Principal policy advisors to political groups;
- ITRE and IMCO Secretariat;
- Representatives from the Cabinets of Commissioners Oettinger and Ansip (DG CONNECT);
- Representatives from DG Competition/ DG Growth;
- Industry stakeholders;
- Parliamentary assistants working on the telecoms reform package.
The first workshop of the series was in the format of an exclusive stakeholder consultation, moderated by Philippe Defraigne, CULLEN International as knowledge partner.
Follow the discussion on twitter via the following hashtag: #EUtelcoR