- Degree in law. Diploma in economics.
- Coordinator in the field of education and culture for the Partido Popular in the Autonomous Community of Madrid (1996-1997).
- Secretary-General of the European People’s Party (EPP) (2002).
- Personal assistant to the Prime Minister (1999-2002).
- Parliamentary assistant in the European Parliament (1997-1999).
- Secretary and Treasurer of the Centre for European Studies (CES).
- Executive secretary of the Centrist Democrat International (CDI).
- Committee on Legal Affairs
- Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
- Delegation for relations with Israel
- Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Committee on Transport and Tourism
- Delegation for relations with the countries of south-east Europe
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Delegation for relations with the United States
- Subcommittee on Security and Defence