Portugal (Partido Popular)
MEP 2009 -2014
Diogo Nuno de Gouveia Torres Feio was born in Porto on October 6, 1970 .Diogo is licensed in Law from the Faculty of Law of the Portuguese Catholic University, has a Master in Law and Economic Sciences from the Faculty of Law of the University of Coimbra and was a PhD student in the Faculty of Law of the University of Porto .
Between 1995 and2007 he was an academic assistant for the disciplines of Tax Law , Public International Law , Constitutional Law , Political Science and Public Finance . He Is lawyer in Port , partner at José Pedro Aguiar-Branco & Associados.
Militant for the People’s Party , he was deputy in the National Assembly and President of the Parliamentary Group of the CDS-PP . In the European elections of 2009 , he was elected to the European Parliament , integrated in the Group’s PPE-DE . He was also Secretary of State for Education of the XVI Constitutional Government headed by Pedro Santana Lopes .
• Member in the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs;
• Member delegation in the Parliamentary Cooperation Committees EU-Kazakhstan, EU-Kyrgyzstan and EU-Uzbekistan and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia;
• Alternate member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs;
• Alternate member of the Special Committee on the Financial and Social Crisis, Economic;
• Substitute in the Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint.
EP website: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/96977/DIOGO_FEIO_home.html