- Before becoming a Member of the European Parliament Monika Panayotova was a member of the Bulgarian Parliament – a Chairwoman of the Committee on European Affairs and Oversight of the European Funds and a member of the Foreign Policy and Defense Committee.
- Her political portfolio as a member of the center-right political party GERB, Bulgaria includes the following positions – Chairperson of the Youth of GERB organization (MGERB) and also International secretary of the mother’s party.
- Before starting her political career Monika Panayotova worked in an NGO as a “Projects and Public communications” Director and a research fellow at the Economic Policy Institute, Sofia.
- Monika Panayotova holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International relations and a Master degree in International Economic Relations – “International Project Management”, from the University of World and National Economy, Bulgaria.
- In addition, she was trained by the International Republican Institute and is part of its Regional Program for Europe – LEAP (Leadership and Excellence in Advanced Politics). She has executive education experience in the field of foreign and international affairs – Public Leaders in Southeast Europe program, Harvard University, JFK School of government; Tailored Seminar on National Security Policy for Representatives from the Republic of Bulgaria, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies; Visitor Leadership Programs in US, France and NATO HQ Brussels.
- Committee on Budgetary Control (11.12.2012 / 30.06.2014)
- Delegation for relations with Israel (11.12.2012 / 13.01.2013)
- Committee on Culture and Education (11.12.2012 / 30.06.2014)
- Delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand (10.12.2012 / 30.06.2014)
- Subcommittee on Security and Defence (10.12.2012 / 30.06.2014)