- Graduate in law, University of Coimbra (1996).
- Practised as a lawyer (1996-2000).
- Member and Vice-President of the regional council of the JSD (Young Social Democrats); member of the Regional Policy Committee of the JSD. Member of the Regional Policy Committee of the PSD (Social Democrat Party) of Madeira.
- Deputy Head of the Private Office of the Vice-President of the Regional Government of Madeira (2000-2009).
- Representative of the President of the Regional Government of Madeira at the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities (2002).
- Member of the Coordinating Committee of REGLEG – Conference of European Regions with Legislative Power (2002).
- Committee on Regional Development
- Delegation for relations with the countries of South Asia
- Delegation for relations with the Mercosur countries
- Committee on Transport and Tourism
- Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly
- Delegation for relations with South Africa