Born on 26 April 1973, Połczyn Zdrój, Poland
MEP for Poland between 2009 – 2014
Group of the European People’s Party
- Master’s in political science, specialisation: European Integration and Local Self-Government, University of Szczecin, Humanities Department, Institute of Philosophy and Political Science.
- University of Szczecin: Assistant at the Institute of Philosophy and Political Science (1997-1998). Member of the Management Board of the ‘Kruszywa Koszalin’ S.A. mines (1999-2002). Entrepreneur (2003-2005).
- Leader of Szczecin County Council, Civic Platform (PO) (since 2003). Vice-Chairman of the PO Regional Executive (since 2006). Member of the PO National Executive (since 2006).
- Regional Councillor in Zachodniopomorskie Province (1999-2003).
- Member of the Sejm (5th parliamentary term), PO parliamentary group (2005-2007). Member of the Sejm (6th parliamentary term), PO parliamentary group (since 2007).
- Member of the delegation of the Sejm and Senate of the Republic of Poland to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
- Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- Committee on Fisheries
- Delegation for relations with Afghanistan
- Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
EP page: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/96794/SLAWOMIR_NITRAS_home.html