The internet is increasingly mobile, presenting untapped opportunities for businesses and the workforce. European companies using the Internet are creating jobs at a faster rate than they lose them and the app economy alone has created more than 1.6 million European jobs. Yet, on current projections over 750,000 ICT jobs could remain unfilled in Europe by 2020 due to a lack of digital skills in the workforce.
As the pace of technology continues to advance, tech figures, app developers, education, industry and public policy leaders will gather in Brussels to find out how businesses can make the most of the mobile economy. Join them to find out what it takes to ensure everyone has the right skills for the mobile era.
The event will take place on the 28th of March, from 12.00 to 3.30 PM at Google Brussels (178 – 180 Chaussée d’Etterbeek, 1040 Brussels) and it will be chaired by Samira Ahmed, TV Broadcaster. The discussion will be animated by the following speakers:
- Emilian Pavel, Member of European Parliament;
- Lucy Siolli, DG Connect;
- Guido Lobrano, Business Europe;
- Steven Moran, Bertelsmann;
- Geert Van Mol, Belfius Bank;
- Vish Makhijani, Udacity;
- Tele Aina Williams, Digital Republic;
- Michael Quigley, Progressive Policy Institute;
- Monica Archibugi, Le Cigogne;
- Jake Ward, App Developers Alliance;
- Dr Oliver Grun, European Digital SME Alliance;
- Christina J. Colclough, Global Services Union;
We look forward to welcoming you!