EU40, the network of young MEPs, and EU40 MEP, Niklas Nienaß (Greens-DE), are delighted to invite you and your colleagues to our next upcoming event, titled ‘Empowering European developers: Fostering the EU’s Video Games Ecosystem’. This not to be missed gatherings will take place on the evening of December 7 (17:00-19:30 CET), at the Microsoft Centre, Brussels, only a stone’s throw from the European Parliament (Rue Montoyer 51, 1000).
The event will bring together video games developers and policymakers to explore the trends and opportunities in the European video games ecosystem. Speakers will also discuss areas for further growth in the ecosystem, including the need to foster digital skills. The initiative will additionally seek to promote the games of European developers.
• Mr. Niklas Nienaß – German MEP (Greens) and member of ITRE, REGI and CULT
• Ms. Lucia Recalde Langarica – HoU (Audio-visual Industry and Media Support Programmes), DG CNECT
• Ms. Cornelia Kutterer – Senior Director (EU Government Affairs), Microsoft
• Mr. Jari-Pekka Kaleva – General Manager, European Games Developer Federation
• Mr. David Verbruggen – General Manager, Video Games Federation Belgium
• Mr. Dirk van Welden – Managing & Creative Director, I-Illusions & FoamPunch
Tentative Event Program:
• 17:00-17:15: Welcome and opening remarks
• 17:15-18:15: Panel discussion on the EU video games ecosystem
• 18:15-18:35: Live video game competition between panelists
• 18:35-18:40: Closing remarks and wrap up
• 18:40-19:30: Drinks reception and live demos in the reception area
EU40 would be delighted if you could join us for this important and highly topical in-person discussion.
To reserve your place please register below. Registration is a requirement.