January 23, 12.00h – 14.00h, Room A3F383, European Parliament
Working Lunch co-hosted by MEP Eva Maydell and MEP Daniel Dalton
EU40 in collaboration with IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau), organized a roundtable discussion on the opportunities and challenges presented by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), on January 23rd, at the European Parliament.
More than six months after the GDPR’s coming into force, this event comes at a poignant moment, offering industry players and policymakers alike an opportunity to come together and explore the ongoing efforts of businesses and industry organisations to meet the demands of the regulation. Guests were presented with the industry compliance frameworks and mechanisms of different organizations, on the basis of which a fruitful discussion is sure to follow.
- The regulatory environment, demands of the GDPR regulations
- The implementation and compliance with GDPR
- How the GDPR impact companies across the globe?
- Similarities and differences between GDPR and e-Privacy: Compliance with both the EU’s GDPR and ePrivacy Directive when processing personal data or accessing and/or storing information on a user’s device such as cookies, advertising identifiers and other tracking technologies
- How GDPR will improve the protection of private data of people? Is everyone (private and public sector) meeting the deadline?
The working lunch was co-hosted by MEP Eva Maydell and MEP Daniel Dalton and featured the following speakers:
- Matthias Matthiesen, Director, IAB Europe
- Ayman Timoshina, Operations and Privacy Manager, Faktor
- António Gonçalves, Senior Manager, Risk Advisory, Deloitte Belgium
- Wojtek Talko, Member and Communication Adviser, Cabinet of Commissioner Vera Jourova, European Commission