Join EU40 on 1 December at 16:00 CET for an interesting virtual panel discussion entitled, “What’s next? New trends revealed in the European payments landscape post-pandemic”.
In a hyperconnected world, fast technological developments and changing consumer habits are influencing the European payments market and how Europeans pay. The pandemic has only accelerated the transition towards a cashless society, and new innovative forms of payments keep becoming available at a fast pace, making the European payments market increasingly competitive.
Within this discussion, Payments Europe will present the results of recent research in which European consumers and merchants were asked about their payment habits and how alternative payment methods are entering and developing on the European payments market.
How do we pay today? And how will we pay tomorrow? Is there a need for further policy action in the payments sphere at the European level or are the current rules fit-for-purpose?
For this event, we’ll be bringing together experts from European governments, civil society and interested organisations to look at what consumers want, what the industry requires and how policy is influencing it all.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Ondřej Kovařík, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe, CZ)
– Genevieve Marjoribanks, Head of Policy, UK Payment Systems Regulator
– Hendrik Frank, Board Member, Payments Europe & Head of EU Affairs, Deutsche Kreditbank
– Sandrell Sultana, Head of EU Public Policy, Stripe
– Moderator: Robrecht Vandormael, FTI Consulting
Join the conversation online! Don’t forget to tag @EU40.