By 2050, the Earth’s population will have reached 9 billion people. The challenge of feeding the global population in the context of resources scarcity will require the assistance of new technologies. Smart Farming can be a major support for farmers in delivering a more productive and sustainable agricultural production. Through the combined application of modern information technologies and precision equipment such as Internet of Things, Big data, drones and robotics to traditional agriculture, farmers can be provided with added value in terms of better decision-making or more efficient management and exploitation of resources.
EU40 had the pleasure to invite you to the “Smart Farming and New Technologies” conference, co-hosted by MEPs Victor Negrescu and Franc Bogovic, which took place on the 7th of March, from 16:00 to 18:00h, room A1E-3, at the European Parliament.
The conference was an excellent opportunity to learn more about the future of agriculture from experts working in the field and award-winning entrepreneurs.
The event was animated by the following speakers:
- Ana Cuadrado Galvan, Research Programme Officer, DG Agriculture and Rural Development;
- Stefan Stanescu, Co-Founder Agriso (startup that developed an APP capable of monitoring in real time farm exploitations);
- Mihai Stanescu, Co-Founder Agriso;
- Cezar Nourescu, Co-Founder, CBN IT (Winner of the Best New Startup 2016 ANIS Prize, they developed and app capable of monitoring silos);
- Lenard Koschwitz, Director EU Affairs Allied for Startups.
Photos of the event can be viewed below: