Join us on 9 November from 11:00 – 12:30 CET for a virtual panel discussion, organised by EU40 and the European Parliament’s Panel for the Future of Science and Technology (STOA) on the topic of: “Sustainable finance: How AI can help account for climate risks”, hosted by MEP Eva Kaili, EU40 President & STOA Chair.
The financial sector mobilises the resources and investments for modern economies to generate growth. To ensure its sustainability, market and investors must be able to price climate risks and take into account the environmental and social impact of businesses and services. Significant advances in machine learning and the increasing digitalisation of the economy make AI a powerful ally in this quest.
How can machine learning help markets identify and price climate risks? Can AI help us set more ambitious climate goals? In what way will AI revolutionise predictive finance? What are the risks of delegating sustainable finance decisions to autonomous systems? What are the implications for regulators?
The event brings together various policymakers, civil society, and academia. Speakers will discuss how digital technologies, specifically AI, can boost sustainability in the financial sector and lead to better predictive analyses.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Mairead McGuinness, European Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union
– Typhaine Beaupérin, CEO & Secretary General, Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA)
– George Skiadopoulos, Professor of Finance, Queen Mary University of London & University of Piraeus
– Dimitris Zafeiris, Head of Risks & Financial Stability, European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
– Dr. Kirsten Dunlop, CEO, EIT Climate-KIC
– Mikuláš Peksa, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/EFA, CZ)
– Moderator: Linda Zeilina, CEO of the International Sustainable Finance Centre
11:00 – 11:03 WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS / MEP Eva Kaili
11:03 – 11:10 KEYNOTE: How Tech can Support Sustainable Finance / Commissioner Mairead McGuinness
11:10 – 11:45 INDIVIDUAL OPENING REMARKS / All panelists
11:45 – 12:25 MODERATED PANEL DISCUSSION AND Q&A / With audience
12:25 – 12:30 CLOSING REMARKS / MEP Mikuláš Peksa
#SusFin | #AI | #Climate