On June 1st, 2021, at 11:00 am CET – in the ten days leading up to the #EURO2020 kickoff – join the IBIA and EGBA, in collaboration with EU40 – the network for Young MEPs, and the Sport Group of the European Parliament, for a virtual event on innovation in sports and sports betting integrity.
The event will first focus on odds making and will explain how bookies work and how predictions are made on the favorite team to win the EURO 2020. Then, we will bring together various stakeholders on a discussion on the role of innovation in sports and sports betting and how technology has improved detection of possible wrongdoing in sport. These stakeholders will share their experiences on how technological developments, such as AI and machine learning, have revolutionized prediction methods and how to face possible fraud and corruption challenges.
The debate will also explore how policy can support innovation in the fight against sports manipulation and will discuss which best practices and policy responses are available. The event will be held online.
Register by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2021.
Tomasz Frankowski, MEP and Co-Chair of the Sports Group of the European Parliament
PRESENTATION: Who is going to win the EURO 2020?
– Lee Calverley, Sports Integrity Lead, Entain
– Stephen Quigley, European Betting Integrity Manager, Paddy Power Betfair
ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: Preventing match-fixing: innovations in sports and sports betting integrity
– Jose’ Ignacio Arbea Sarasa, Head of Integrity at La Liga
– Jake Marsh, Global Head of Integrity at Stats Perform
– Christina Thakor-Rankin, former trader and co-founder of the All-In Diversity Project
– Tomasz Frankowski, MEP
– Moderator: Steve Menary, journalist and contributor to World Soccer magazine