EU40 – The Network of young Members of the European Parliament, is looking for a Communication and Project Management Assistant to support the communication and management of various projects and office tasks, for a period of six months (with the possibility of renewal).
Who are we?
EU40 is the platform of young Members of the European Parliament and of the 27 EU national parliaments. Our mission is to serve young Members under the age of 40 and strengthen their role inside the European Parliament. We do this by adding aesthetics, fun and fresh ideas to European politics with the aim of making it more palpable and accessible.
EU40 is looking for a communication & project assistant to support the management of various initiatives and projects. As part of this position, the candidate will have a chance to work in the field of public affairs, including public relations, communication, project and event management. The candidate will also have the chance to understand the inner workings of the European Parliament and its interaction with various stakeholders, both in the public, not-for-profit and private sector.
Communication and public relations
- Community engagement and content creation – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Website Management – Editing, project pages creation and updates
- Support the creation of digital communication plans
- Planning and implementation of different projects for the public interest
- Support the team with practical and logistical assistance for dedicated projects
- Design of various external events – agenda drafting, contacting speakers, support project manager in content production;
- Support the liaison with EU institutions and external Stakeholders
- Support the day to day management of the office
- The candidate may be called to support other activities
- Developed sense of initiative and proactivity
- Understanding of public affairs sector, and acumen in the political field
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good organisational skills
- A resourceful individual with a problem-solving mentality
- Strong interest in issues related to the European Union
This is a remunerated full-time position, 38 hours/week. The position will be under CIP contract (contrat d’immersion professionel) for a period of 6 months with the possibility of renewal. In order to apply, please send a brief CV and a short motivational letter (maximum 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you would like to work with us, and how your profile matches the tasks. We review applications on a rolling basis. Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only get in touch with successful candidates. EU40 is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all national, gender, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.