On 22-23 April, 2021, the Cortina Digital Forum took place for the first time. The event, which strives to become the next ‘Davos of Digital’, kicked off its first edition virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, with hopes to continue with hybrid or in-person editions in the future.
EU40 – the network of young MEPs was a proud supporter of the forum, with Managing Director Alessandro Da Rold being a co-founder of the initiative. With over 60 high-level speakers, of which EU40 President Eva Kaili was also featured, stimulating panel discussions took place online over the span of two days. Topics included #AI, digital tourism, E-health, and much more.
One particular event that EU40 participated in was on the topic of remote areas: “Bringing non-urban areas into the 21st century“, which discussed developing #SmartVillages and how investments in connectivity benefit communities.
– Federico D’Incà, Italian Minister for Parliamentary Relations
– Franc Bogovič, MEP & Chair of the EP Smart Villages Intergroup
– Roger De Menech, Member of the Italian Parliament
– Annalisa Barbagallo, Head of Government Relations – Europe – Alibaba Group
– Massimiliano Ladovaz, Chief Technology Officer at OneWeb
– Alessandro Da Rold, Moderator
The #CDF2021 took into account new and pressing digital trends at all levels. With the aspiration of becoming the European annual event on digital, it was a point of reference for institutions and stakeholders at various levels.