EU40 – The Network of young Members of the European Parliament, is looking for a communications assistant (internship) to support the communications efforts of the organisation, for an initial period of 6 months, under the framework of the ERASMUS programme.
Who are we?
EU40 is the platform of young Members of the European Parliament and of the 27 EU national parliaments. Our mission is to serve young Members under the age of 40 and strengthen their role inside the European Parliament. We do this by adding aesthetics, fun and fresh ideas to European politics with the aim of making it more palpable and accessible.
The candidate will support the internal and external communications of the organisation, including social media and website content. As part of this position, the intern would have the opportunity to actively engage in the exciting political community in Brussels, as well as gain expertise inside the field of public affairs and public relations.
- Knowledge on the inner workings of the European Institutions
- The opportunity to study and directly connect with the political sphere in Brussels
- An exciting multi-topical, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Interaction with the EU40 networking, including politicians and stakeholders
- Insider understanding of the public, non-profit and private sectors
- Support in content creation for social media
- Website management – Drafting & publishing of news and events pages
- Support the creation of digital communication plans
- Assisting in designing content via graphic design programs
- Aid in online community engagement
- Supporting EU40 colleagues in other relevant tasks
- Eligibility for the Erasmus programme (Erasmus+, Erasmus Placement etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Developed sense of initiative and adaptability
- Good organisational skills & an eye for detail
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and/or Canva is desirable
- Strong interest in communications and EU affairs
Please note that this position shall fall under the Erasmus programme framework and applicants must be eligible and respect the conditions of the chosen Erasmus programme.
In order to apply, please send a brief CV and a short motivational letter to email@example.com, showcasing your motivation and interest in the position, as well as how your profile matches the tasks. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only get in touch with successful candidates. EU40 is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all national, gender, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organisation.