EU40 – The Network of young Members of the European Parliament, is looking for a Project & Communications Officer to support the communications and management of various projects and general office tasks.
Who are we?
EU40 is the platform of young Members of the European Parliament and of the 27 EU national parliaments. Our mission is to serve young Members under the age of 40 and to strengthen their role inside the European Parliament. We do this by adding aesthetics, fun and fresh ideas to European politics with the aim of making it more palpable and accessible. We are a non-for-profit organisation, with offices in Belgium.
EU40 is looking for a Project & Communications Officer with 2-3 years of experience to support the management of various initiatives and projects. As part of this position, the candidate will have a chance to work in the field of public affairs, including public relations, communication, project and event management. The candidate will also work closely and gain experience with the European Parliament and various stakeholders, both in the public, not-for-profit and private sector.
Communications and public relations
– Co-represent the organisation in day to day activities with public and private stakeholders
– Creation and development of communication plans and campaigns
– Community engagement and content creation
– Development of communications for Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
– Website Management – Editing, project pages creation and updates
Project management & Office Tasks
– Planning, development and implementation of various projects
– Support MEPs with practical and logistical assistance for dedicated projects
– Design and implementation of various events at 360° – concept creation, agenda drafting, contacting speakers, realisation of the event;
– Liaison with EU institutions & management of existing supporter/partner organisations
– Engaging with potential new supporters and associate organisations
– Fundraising in view of increasing the annual budget
– Co-management of 1 or 2 EU40 staff members
– Support the day to day management of the office
– The candidate may be called to support other activities
– Developed sense of initiative and proactivity
– Ability to work independently with problem-solving mentality
– Good organizational skills
– Understanding of public affairs sector
– Political acumen
– Excellent written and spoken English
– Desired: interest in various topics related to the European Union
– Desired: previous experience in event management
In order to apply, please send your CV and a short motivational letter (maximum 1 page) to email@example.com, explaining why you would like to work with us, and how your profile matches the tasks. The ideal starting date would be September 2022. We review applications on a rolling basis. Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to get in touch with candidates successful at the screening phase. EU40 is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all national, gender, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.