We are excited to announce that nine MEPs, members of EU40, have been shortlisted for the different categories proposed at the MEP Awards 2019! It makes us proud to see that our members are shaping for the better the future of Europe.
The winners for each of the fifteen categories will be celebrated at the MEPs Award Ceremony on the 20th of March 2019, and we are looking forward to seeing the young MEPs from our network winning the Award this year (and of course raise a glass to celebrate!).
The EU40 shortlisted MEPs are:
- Marijana Petir MEP (EPP, Croatia) for The Agriculture, Rural Development & Fisheries Award
- Daniel Dalton MEP (ECR, United Kingdom) for The Digital Single Market Award
- Henna Virkkunen MEP (EPP, Finland) for The Energy Award
- José Inácio Faria MEP (EPP, Portugal) for The Health Award
- Dita Charanzová MEP (ALDE, Czech Republic) for The Internal Market and Consumer Protection Award
- Lara Comi MEP (EPP, Italy) for The Internal Market and Consumer Protection Award
- Nadja Hirsch MEP (ALDE, Germany) for The International Trade Award
- Pina Picierno MEP (S&D, Italy) for The Justice & Gender Equality Award
- Claudia Țapardel MEP (S&D, Romania) for The Transport & Tourism Award
The Parliament Magazine’s MEP awards were established to recognise deputies who have contributed significantly to the legislative, supervisory or budgetary role of the European Parliament through their parliamentary activities. In choosing the recipients of the MEP awards, regard is given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the European Project and their national constituencies.