EU40 – The Network of Young Members of the European Parliament, is looking for a Communications Assistant to support the communications and management of various projects and general office tasks.
Who are we?
EU40 is the platform of young Members of the European Parliament and of the 27 EU national parliaments. Our mission is to serve young Members under the age of 40 and to strengthen their role inside the European Parliament. We do this by adding aesthetics, fun and fresh ideas to European politics with the aim of making it more palpable and accessible. We are a non-for-profit organisation, with offices in Belgium.
EU40 is looking for a Communications Assistant to support the external communication of EU40, on social media, on the EU40 website and other platforms. As part of this position, the candidate will have a chance to work in the field of communication, public affairs, including public relations. The candidate will be working under the supervision of the Project and Communications Officer and of the Managing Director. The candidate’s main missions will be to participate in the communication surrounding our activities, engage with stakeholders through social media and assist the team in the preparation of events.
This is a remunerated full-time position, 38 hours/week. The position will be under CIP contract (convention d’immersion professionelle) for a period of 6 months with the possibility of renewal.
– Develop communication through the newsletter and social media
– Community engagement and content creation
– Development of communication within the social media strategy
– Updating of the EU40 website
– Contribute to the monthly newsletter
– Support the Project and Communications Officer in the development of events
– The candidate may be called to support other activities
– Creative, innovative, sensibility for marketing, communication skills
– Proven social media and communication expertise
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills (preferably a native English speaker)
– Developed sense of initiative and proactivity
– Highly computer literate
– Desired: interest in various topics related to the European Union and politics
In order to apply, please send your CV and a short motivation letter (1/2 a page maximum) to email@example.com, explaining why you would like to work with us, and how your profile matches the tasks. The ideal starting date would be April 2023.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to get in touch with candidates successful at the screening phase. EU40 is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all national, gender, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organisation.