– Born in Murcia, Spain. July 19th, 1958.
– 4 children
– Regional minister of Industry, Enterprise and Innovation since July 2013, and spokesperson of Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia
– Regional minister of Universities, Enterprise and Research, and spokesperson of Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia (2011-2013)
– Regional minister of Public Works and Territorial Planning of Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia (2008 – 2011).
– Regional minister of Public Works, Housing and Transport of Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia (2007 – 2008).
– Member of the Regional Parliament of the Region of Murcia, PP Group (from May 2007).
– Chancellor of Murcia University (1998 – 2006)
– Vice – Chancellor (Research and infrastructures) of Murcia University (1992-1994)
– Infrastructures Coordinator of Murcia University (1990-1992)
– Department Director of Cell Biology of Murcia University (1987-1989)
– Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (1981)
– Doctor of Medicine and Surgery (1983)
– Grant from the National Training Plan for research staff of the Ministry of Education and Science
– Postdoctoral training at London University (Hospital Hammersmith and Royal Postgraduate Medical School) (1983 y 1984)
– University lecturer (1986)
– University Professor (1992). “Histology and General Embryology” in Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia Research Activity
– He has been involved in 19 research projects funded by private and public institutions, 13 as lead researcher.
– Over 100 scientific books and 7 articles
– Over 200 presentations in scientific congresses and meetings.
– Director of 10 PhD theses.
– He has lectured in several research centres as the University of London, Free University of Berlin, University of Glasgow, Institute Gulbenkian of Portugal, Upjohn Institute of Michigan, etc.
– He has received research grants from various organizations as the British Council, the Spanish Health Research Fund of Social Security, Spanish Directorate General of Higher Education, Foundation Esteban Romero, etc.
– Research stays at the Royal Postgraduate Medical School (University of London), 1983, 1984 and 1987, Free University of Berlin, Berlin. Germany,1989